Re: SIMPLEST AND CHEAPEST KEYER?

George H. Gates

The Picokeyer is great. I have built about 20 of them. Like to add one to every QRP kit I build. I have a stand alone one just in case I need it. Has pot to adjust speed. You can change speed while sending. 72 Geo/W2BPI

In a message dated 12/19/2013 18:42:52 Eastern Standard Time, aldenmcduffie@... writes:

Hey Youall,

What good keyer models are out there that are reasonable $ value; can be kit or done,
which allows the op to adjust code speed with a pot, perhaps weight too and
sidetone volume and tone.......

Why? I've found one feature of my digital FT450D that I do not like.....likely in many
other digital (that is memory and menu....) rigs rather than the old friendly
analog knobs and pots for such things!

It's hard to adjust code speed while in a QSO since the memory and setting
for cw speed and any other cw parms has to be entered in with a number of
key strokes....ugh!!!!!!! Wishing for the ole days....

Unc Phil. By the way, who has that first RX of mine now? T'was 1953, age 13.
It was a Collins RX1?; can't remember the name of the RX rig right now but its sound was sweet!
It was loaned to me from my Elmer, W0AR, Lee of KCDX and LoudenBoomer amp fame,

Unc Phil, W0XI, Lawrence (which is near Lebo or Columbus, KS :) )