Re: SIMPLEST AND CHEAPEST KEYER?

Tom Sevart

On 12/19/2013 17:42, Phil Anderson wrote:
Hey Youall,

What good keyer models are out there that are reasonable $ value; can be
kit or done,
which allows the op to adjust code speed with a pot, perhaps weight too and
sidetone volume and tone.......
I personally like the PK-4 keyer chip from Jackson Harbor Press. It's the keyer chip which has the exact same pinout as the old Norcal keyer chip.

http://wb9kzy.com/pk4ssr.htm

I have just bought the chips in the past and used parts from my junk box to make a complete keyer board, and since the chip is just an 8 pin IC you can build it on a board small enough to fit into just about any QRP radio. It has the speed setting using the paddles and memory button, but you can also hook up a pot to have instant speed control.

If you don't want to roll your own, complete kits are available.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS