Re: SIMPLEST AND CHEAPEST KEYER?

Wayne Dillon

Hi Unc,
Well I gotta vote for the ones I've used so...
the 4sqrp ez keyer, like it a lot, then (equal first) is K1EL's K12 and it's most recent incarnation the K14 (I have both of them). K1EL's keyers have all the facilities you could need, but, if you don't need 'em just operate it at a basic keyer, it does just fine.
There ya go, my $0.02 worth.
God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Phil Anderson <aldenmcduffie@...> wrote:

Hey Youall,

What good keyer models are out there that are reasonable $ value; can be kit or done,
which allows the op to adjust code speed with a pot, perhaps weight too and
sidetone volume and tone.......

Why? I've found one feature of my digital FT450D that I do not like.....likely in many
other digital (that is memory and menu....) rigs rather than the old friendly
analog knobs and pots for such things!

It's hard to adjust code speed while in a QSO since the memory and setting
for cw speed and any other cw parms has to be entered in with a number of
key strokes....ugh!!!!!!! Wishing for the ole days....

Unc Phil. By the way, who has that first RX of mine now? T'was 1953, age 13.
It was a Collins RX1?; can't remember the name of the RX rig right now but its sound was sweet!
It was loaned to me from my Elmer, W0AR, Lee of KCDX and LoudenBoomer amp fame,

Unc Phil, W0XI, Lawrence (which is near Lebo or Columbus, KS :) )

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15