Re: Antennas and Ice!

Johnny AC0BQ

Sorry abt your bad luck Wayne.
Maybe we can all throw out our call signs
Tuesday snd Wednesday am and see who is listening!

Several years ago, I had a low G5 which i fed with qro, ( remember those days?) from a 520.
It had more than a quarter inch of ice on it and i decided to De ice it with a long stick.
Needless to say it separated and crashed to the ground. My advice is, if its in the air after the storm, leave it alone.
Merry Christmas all!
Johnny AC0BQ

On Monday, December 23, 2013, Wayne Dillon wrote:

Good morning all,
Well if the old adage about your antenna not being big enough if it survives the winter is true then mine was big enough! Night before last ice brought mine down, snapped the timber mast at the join (always a weak point) so later today, if i can get into my workshop i'll dig out the 0.5 size G5RV and get it up in the attic space, gotta have something to join in on Thursday morning net. As it's Christmas Day Wednesday do y'all still want to do a 40m net or two ?
72/3 es God Bless all de Wayne - KC0PMH

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH