Re: Digikey Schematic Drawing Program

John Lonigro

Terry:

go to Expresspcb.com and you can download similar free software.  They have express_sch and express_pcb.  Both are very similar to each other in operation, except one makes schematics and the other makes PCB patterns.  While it doesn't give you digi-key part numbers, it does print out a bill of materials.  Also, once you design it, you can order the PCB from them (not free).  Another feature is you can link a schematic to your PCB design.  While designing the PCB, when you click a pin on a part, it highlights all the other parts/pins that pin is supposed to connect to.

One advantage of the DIgikey software is, being web-based, it works with Linux as well as Windows.  The Express software only works on Windows.

We're expecting a houseful of company tomorrow, so all my hobby stuff is temporarily put away.  It will come out again on Thursday.

Happy holidays, everyone!

John AA0VE

On 12/24/2013 09:52 AM, WA0ITP wrote:

This is being discussed on EMRFD and it seems amazing to me. Draw your
schematic and the program fills in the part numbers and creates a Digikey
project and order at the same time. Check it out.

http://www.digikey.com/us/en/mkt/scheme-it.html

I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP