    *From:* John R. Lonigro
    *To:* 4sqrp@... ;
    WA0ITP
    *Sent:* Tuesday, December 24, 2013 10:18 AM
    *Subject:* Re: [4sqrp] Digikey Schematic Drawing Program

    Terry:

    go to Expresspcb.com and you can download similar free software.
    They have express_sch and express_pcb. Both are very similar to
    each other in operation, except one makes schematics and the other
    makes PCB patterns. While it doesn't give you digi-key part
    numbers, it does print out a bill of materials. Also, once you
    design it, you can order the PCB from them (not free). Another
    feature is you can link a schematic to your PCB design. While
    designing the PCB, when you click a pin on a part, it highlights
    all the other parts/pins that pin is supposed to connect to.

    One advantage of the DIgikey software is, being web-based, it
    works with Linux as well as Windows. The Express software only
    works on Windows.

    We're expecting a houseful of company tomorrow, so all my hobby
    stuff is temporarily put away. It will come out again on Thursday.

    Happy holidays, everyone!

    John AA0VE

    On 12/24/2013 09:52 AM, WA0ITP wrote:

    This is being discussed on EMRFD and it seems amazing to me. Draw
&nb sp;   your
    schematic and the program fills in the part numbers and creates a
    Digikey
    project and order at the same time. Check it out.

    http://www.digikey.com/us/en/mkt/scheme-it.html

    I love this radio stuff !
    72 WA0ITP