Re: LOOKING FOR: 4SQRP SS-40

Jim Kortge

On 12/27/2013 3:59 PM, cbayona wrote:
80M or 30M either one will entail a lot of changes a possibly some
custom crystals for the LO but I have way too many 40M radios, it
would be nice to have something different.
Actually, an SS-40 can be put on 30 meters with a change in the VXO crystals to 16.384 MHz, a standard computer crystal value and the IF changed to 6.250 MHz, also a standard computer crystal value. It would nominally tune from 10.130 down to 10.1 MHz Of course, the front-end needs to be changed, but that only entails frequency scaling of the LC components. The input and output impedance of the IF filter at 6.250 MHz would require changes in the values around the LT1253, but those can be determined using the AADE Filter program with the correct crystal parameters plugged in. If there is enough interest, some of us could even work out those details.

So, how much interest is there in doing it?

72,

Jim, K8IQY

At 02:02 PM 12/27/2013, you wrote:

I'm thinking that for 30m it would be a major re-work?
God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM, cbayona
<<mailto:@k5nwa>@k5nwa> wrote:

I'm hoping that the kits will be available soon. I have one and it
works well, I would like to build one for 30M.

At 12:45 PM 12/27/2013, you wrote:
I am looking for a SS-40 receiver either still in kit form, or
assembled. If anyone has one laying around they don't want, pls let me know.

Thanks
Marshall Dias
W0OTM

--