Re: Ur CW signal

John C. Demuth - K8CQA

Hi, George,

You might want to check the transmitter oscillator crystal.  I recall a very similar incident back in the 1960s when WA8JTA's Ameco TX-62 suddenly began putting out signals every 25kHz or so … he was using an 8mHz crystal, multiplied 18X to reach the two meter band.  He changed crystals, and the problem was solved.  He could never use that first crystal again; any attempt to utilize it resulted in multiple outputs.  Yours sounds very similar, and would appear to give similar results if you multiplied it to reach 2 meters.  I wish you the best in locating the problem!  72/73 de K8CQA