Re: Cyclone Scores Hawaii

Robert

Great contact, Terry

Is there something special about 111 feet, or is that how much wire you had?

Do you have a counter poise wire, a radial feed, or just ground??

On Sunday, January 5, 2014, WA0ITP wrote:

I'm happy to report that tonight at 0157z I worked our own Steve Hutcherson,
WB5CTS, who was on Maui. The freq was 7122 and we both were weak but had a
solid contact. Steve was using a DSW-40 and a 80M loop at 77 feet and I was on
my Cyclone and normal 111' wire which slopes up to ~50 feet at the far end.
Needless to say the band was looong.

Woo Hoo!

I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP