Re: Norcal doublet

Wayne Dillon

John,
I have one in my bag, works OK for me and cost almost nothing to build. I used mine with a BLT ASTU, that's the only caveat, you have to use a balanced ASTU. You need ribbon cable to build one? drop me a line and I'll shoot you some off.
72/3 de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 9:40 AM, John Adams <johnk4qq@...> wrote:

I have been a ham for 52 years. During that time I have made nearly all of my antennas, except for a beam. I don't know why, but during this time I have not constructed a Norcal Doublet. From reading about it, it seems like it would make a good portable antenna to use with my K1. I am sure several of you have built one at some time. Question: what is your opinion about it's performance and efficiency? Thanks and 73, John K4QQ.

Sent from my iPad

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH