Re: Tonites 40m Net(s)

Sam Neal

Hello,

I spent the day in the shack and started and finished a project!! I picked up
a near mint condition Lafayette 8 MHz VFO that was designed as a VFO for older
6 and 2 meter AM rigs. There was plenty of space on the coil form, and I added
a few turns and lowered the VFO's frequency and now I have a nifty VFO ( tube
type with regulated B+ ) for 7 MHz ( but be sure and use a digital readout
receiver for accuracy! ). It is as stable as a Heath-Kit VF-1, but is for 40
meters only.

I made the necessary connecting cable and have made two QSOs so far with the
6V6/Lafayette VFO and 9 QSOs with the 6V6 rig. I spend most days in the shack
and monitor the usual QRP frequencies.

It's just like it is 1957 again!

73,

Sam Neal N5AF/KN5LZJ

GA Sam,

FB on the 6V6 rig, will listen for you around 7120 or so. In the mid
seventies
I built a homebrew version of the TO keyer. I let is get away from me and
wish
I hadn't, for nostalgia reasons. It being the first commercial keyer, and my

second hombrew project. I have an HA-1 in the basement now and will get
around
to restoring it someday.

Thanks for triggering some nice memories of my early amateur adventures.
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP