Re: January SSS Results

chuck adams <chuck.adams.k7qo@...>

On 01/15/2014 07:44 AM, WA0ITP wrote:

GM All,

Nice turnout for the Sprint this month, great fun. I'm glad to see the
participation growing, its a fun little Sprint, vy easy to participate in, and a
good way to contact other members for fun and awards. I see Chuck Adams K7QO
participated this month, great to have you in the hunt. I believe that he
mentioned on his reflector that he was using a Pig Rig. Way to go Chuck!

Hope to see all again next month.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

------

Yikes.  It was an accident, really.

I had finished the Flying Pig Rig for 7.122MHz, Serial #334,
and put it into its own little play pen and was testing it out.
Being in a restricted area for antennas I put up a rotatable
dipole at 6m  and had gotten the SWR to 1.1:1 and was
excited to hear some good signals.  I push up the antenna
as soon as it is dark enough for people not to notice it
behind the large palm trees.  :-)

I heard guys calling CQ 4S, so I dug out my number and
started working them.

I did not know until the next morning that I was in a
contest.  :-)

Thanks to the hard work of W2SH and others I did manage
some new states from this QTH.

I will be back for the next one.  Nice fun contest.

chuck, k7qo