Re: OzarkCon

Michael McShan

He has been interested in some of my SOTA tales, but he prefers to garden over techie stuff. Having said that, I think a lot people would find some the OzarkCon presentations interesting whether hams or not:  I’m remembering two years ago the stories of WW2 POW radios and exploits, high altitude balloons, and tracking Ospreys; pretty amazing speakers all around.

-Mike W5RST

On Jan 29, 2014, at 5:46 AM, David Martin <davemrtn@...> wrote:

hey....  Maybe you could get your friend to register and attend, and who knows, maybe he'd get interested in the hobby ! ??  I'm assuming he's not already a ham.

On 01/28/2014 04:10 PM, Michael McShan wrote:

Actually, David, that is in reality the best option for attending any conference so you don’t miss anything.  In my case, I will stay with my friends for reasons that have nothing to do with money.

73, Mike W5RST

On Jan 28, 2014, at 3:24 PM, David Martin <davemrtn@...> wrote:

When OzarkCon was still being held in Joplin, I once stayed at a different motel because the room rate was cheaper.  Turned out that was inconvenient, but I save money......

Since then I've spent what ever it is for the convenience, and staying right in the middle of the "goings on"....

--
David Martin - K5DCM - Mountain Home Ar.

--
David Martin - K5DCM ---o0o---
Mountain Home, Arkansas

obama promised transparency during his administration,
but who would have imagined it would come from a guy named Edward Snowden !!