Re: What are the letter codes for numbers for CW?

John Lonigro

Phil:

Maybe he was sloppy and missed a "dah" at the end. didadadah instead of didadadadah. That would make it 1TT or 100. One hundred Watts seems like a pretty standard value and is what I'd assume.

Just an idea, from a person who sometimes produces sloppy code.

72,

John AA0VE

On 02/15/2014 09:59 AM, Phil Anderson wrote:

Hi OMs,

Many CW stations abbreviate their power with a number or letter
followed by a T and a second T, wherein T=10. So if a station
says his power is 3TT, he means 3*10*10 or 300 watts.

However, I've heard that some ops use a letter code for that first number,
but I can't find a definition on the web? Anybody know?

For example, in the ARRL contest going on this morning, I heard
OL1C on ten meters give his report at 5NN JTT,..........so what's the J?

Dah?

Unc Phil, W0XI