Magic Box Modification.

Hajo Dezelski <dl1sdz@...>

Hello,
I am not an engineer, so bare with me:

Currently I am experimenting a lot with Wspr using the Ultimate 3 from Hans Summers.(See activities on my blog.) I only transmit in a time frame of 10 minutes once and have the other 8 minutes free. So I wanted to listen and report to wspr with another receiver, but I have only one antenna.

So I remembered a kit, which is still unsoldered: the magic box. My question: Is there a way that I can connect the tx and the Rx so that the Rx is automatically muted when the wspr tx starts to make it's transmission. The maximum output is 200 mW, but normally I use between 10 -100 mW.
So I am looking for some sort of HF sniffer which triggers the magic box to do its work.

Any ideas which can be performed by an amateur?

72 de
Hajo

---
... indessen wandelt harmlos droben das Gestirn
... http://hajos-kontrapunkte.blogspot.com/