From: Aaron Bailey
To: 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2014 3:44 AM
Subject: [4sqrp] A new key and as happy as a fat hog in the sun

Greetings fellow QRPers, My name is George Bailey WA5HRC and I'm on the same
wavelength with you as I operate QRP with a HW-8 that I built in 1980 and, just
to make you drool, I also have an unbuilt HW-8 still in the sealed factory box
that I hold as a spare. I'm new to the newsgroup and mainly I enjoy reading and
learning from the different postings. But now I have a burning question that
cannot be found with a google and I need to pick at the collective brain of the
group. At a hamfest recently, it was my good fortune to find and purchase a
mint condition WWII Navy Flameproof Key # CMI-26003A. It is such a nice key to
send with that I've shelved my trusty ole J-38. Between the adjustment screws
is what looks to be a 6/32 screw and when removed it is only about 3/16 of a
inch long. When I shine a light down into the screw hole I see only a void
area. As to the function of this screw, I would guess it is acting as a cap for
the void and further that some compound, lube and/or contact cleaner, is
supposed to be sprayed into the key through the screw hole. Can anyone expand
on this?
72/73
George