Re: A new key and as happy as a fat hog in the sun

glene77is@...

George Bailey WA5HRC
Congrats on the fine Retro Rig, the HW-8.
The parts are big enough to touch with your fingers and see with your eyes.

The HW8 invites tinkering and add-on HB projects.
First I added a Air-Column-Tuned Audio filter.
Then designed a Noise Limiter and a Butterworth Filter.
Now that I can work S1 signals,
I need about 3 more Watts to make a full QRP,
and poke through the noise better.

When I want to see what it was like in 1958  (my first station)
then I unplug my devices and run the HW8 barefoot with just my 1940 Bug.

You will find that the HW8 makes you feel like your are 21 again,
for a while.

If I hear a CQ by WA5HRC will certainly answer back.

Glen Ellis, KK4LPG