Re: Open letter to Members - Important Pse Read

James Vroman AC0BN

I think this is a great move.
When i got back into Amateur Radio QRP facinated me. I am finally getting back to it and look forward to building many if your kits. I would also be willing to help where i can.

WA0ITP <wa0itp@mchsi.com> wrote:

To all members:

Some exciting things are happening here at Four State QRP Group. Up until
the last few years, the club was small enough that individuals could take
personal risk in buying parts and supplies to produce the kits that fund
OzarkCon each year. However the number of kits and sales increased
to the point that there was a serious financial burden on a few people who were
using their own credit cards and bank accounts for purchasing.

To eliminate the burden and potential liability to those individuals we had no
choice but to create a non-profit and put in place the structure required to
maintain it. We aren't unique in that respect. Sooner or later every
successful club that sells kits or other fundraising items, and began with
"no rules - no officers - no dues", will reach the point where they need to
make a decision to incorporate, or otherwise restructure their activities.

Ron Potter, AG1P, guided our effort and we are now incorporated as a non-profit
in the state of Missouri. This had to be done as the tax and legal
implications on individuals were too severe to be ignored. Incorporation
required officers and a board, a list of which is included below.

Income from kit sales has been sufficient to fund Ozarkcon
and we continue to work with volunteer designers to come up with new ideas,
several of which are now in development. Our goal to not become a big
profit making organization; in fact it's the opposite. We intend to only
have enough money in the bank to fund 2 or 3 OzarkCons, and to sell enough
kits to continue at that level, thus ensuring a bright future for OzarkCon.
We also see Four State as an educational facilitator, providing a venue for
members to learn electronics principles and skills, with rf-related
subjects being the primary focus.

I hope you understand and support our reasons for taking these actions.
Some members have already stepped up to help us through our infancy as a
non-profit. Other volunteers will be needed in the future. If you have a
passion for QRP and would like to help, please contact me, Ron, or any
board member. Together we can continue to provide a quality experience
at OzarkCon every year in early April.

Current Officers and Board members:

Officiers:
President: Terry Fletcher, WAƘITP
Vice President: Jim Kortge K8IQY
Sec'y/Treasurer: Ron Potter AG1P, Tom Brown W0MFQ backup

Board:
Johnny Matlock, AC0BQ
Walter Dufrain K5EST
Rich Fowler K8MEG
Herb Case WR9H
Jim Kortge K8IQY
Dave Cripe NM0S
Paul Smith N0NBD
Ron Potter AG1P
Terry Fletcher WA0ITP

I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
OzarkCon is coming April 4-5, 2014 in Branson, MO
View Details at http://www.ozarkcon.com/index.phpYahoo Groups Links