From: "WA0ITP wa0itp@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...>
Sent: Jun 21, 2014 6:43 PM
To: 4sqrp@..., jdcompton@...
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Test instrument accuracy vs stage testing during kit builds

GE Jim,

It's easy to get caught up searching for in the "exact" number, digital
displays do that to us for sure. Your Fluke should be plenty accurate
enough for the job. I always clip the DMM's gnd lead to the circuits
ground, and make voltage readings on the board, not relying on the power
supplies setting or display. If your ps is adjustable, set it at 12
volts at the input to the board. What is the voltage on the collector
of Q2? Mine is 7.90 - remember that JP2 must be shorted to turn on Q2.
If you have a reading near that, continue on, all is well.

btw I loved those old Simpson 260's. I

--
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.