K2 Transmitting Voltage Drop

Darryl J Kelly

Still learning to operate my K2. With several different power supplies selected, not at the same time, I still get a voltage drop in transmitting, best case scenario is with my Astron SS-30M set at 13.9 volts, showing 13.3/4 on receive and 13.0 on transmit with 5 watts out. (Upgrade is in the works so voltage drop from power supply will be lower.) Is this difference in voltage between receive and transmit normal? Also I have a 53000 mfd capacitor that I have thought about putting across the power supply output. Would that help with the voltage drop, not a good idea, or does the voltage drop not matter? Thanks for input, still learning.
Darryl, KK5IB