Anderson Powerpole Connectors

Darryl J Kelly

I'm shifting my power supply connectors to powerpoles, soldering not crimping, using 30 amp connectors so far with good success. Would like to use some 45 amp connectors for connecting battery banks to rigrunner junction box, is it possible to solder say 10 gauge wire to the 45 amp connectors? Any advice and hints in general would be appreciated. Also gearing up for powering radios in an emergency comm trailer and plan to use power poles as radios may not be permanently installed since the trailer will be out in the weather, and connections need to be as foolproof as possible. Thanks in advance.
Darryl, KK5IB