Re: Ozark Patrol Regen Receiver A+

Curt

Well, I'm not a real "old-timer", but built a 2-tube receiver from the QST 1956 in 1962 and a single-tube transmitter ( keyed oscillator ) in '63.  I scrounged old tvs and radios from the local dump, so the parts were free for the labor of removing them.  I used this setup for six months after getting my novice ticket, then my folks bought an HQ-170 and Eico 723 from an estate sale of an SK.  Only owned one crystal for the novice section of 40M so many times had to "wait in line" for the frequency to be clear.

73, Curt KB5JO