Re: Another QRP transceiver

Tim N9PUZ

I have seen a couple of their 40M SSB monobanders (~$50US) and they seem to be a great value. This new uBitX looks very intriguing.

Tim N9PUZ

On 12/10/2017 8:12 AM, Jim Sheldon wrote:
4 Staters, I Just came across something called the uBitX (for micro BitX) transceiver.  It claims 10 watts nominal out on SSB/CW with pretty much general coverage 80-10 meters and differs from the monoband BitX rigs out there now.  Because it uses the Si5351 synthesizer chip, it isn't capable of 160 meter operation just like QRP-Labs QCX monobanders.  I saw a reference to it on one of the Facebook groups I frequent and being intrigued, I did a bit of checking.  It's listed right now for $109 in a partially built kit (no case, no microphone and maybe a few other things) shipped by India post which may take a couple months to get.  They also claim that for 10 bucks more you can get it sent by DHL with full tracking and it should arrive in 7 days or less.  I looked over their groups.io reflector and find that the $109 price is only through Christmas when they will increase it to $129.

According to the HF Signals website, www.hfsignals.com, the main PC board is wired, aligned & tested and the kit builder has to find a case and wire up all the controls & jacks plus mount it in whatever case you select to cut and drill holes in to fit it. (Sometimes not an easy task for some of us.)