Re: 4SQRP Member Map

David Martin <davemrtn@...>

Personally I don't see adding the member # to the map as being of any particular value.

If you made contact with someone you would know their callsign and it would take forever to find them on the map knowing only their callsign.

A quicker lookup would be using the Member List which DOES give their member number when you mouse over their callsign.

On 09/20/2014 08:43 AM, cliffku4gw@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Very nice map indeed! Not complaining mind you, but it would be a asset if it also listed each person's 4SQRP member number in the pop-up window info too. Thanks to W0PFO Ray for the great map! Will be sharing the link/info on my CW Operators Community Page on Facebook where I try and list CW related articles contests/sprint info, etc. Check it out sometime at http://www.facebook.com/CW.Operators

Very 72,
Cliff - KU4GW
4SQRP#536

---In 4sqrp@..., wrote :

Thanks to Ray Cadmus - W0PFO for his talents and hard work to produce a
interactive map of 4SQRP member locations.

He used the FCC database for the lat/lon, so unfortunately those
licensed outside the U.S. are not shown on the map at this time.

Use the "Member Map" button on the 4SQRP web site and give Ray an
atta-boy for his spectacular efforts.

Also, the Operator List button was edited to read "Member List" now.

--
*David Martin - K5DCM ---o0o---
Mountain Home, Arkansas*

Definition: Voter Apathy - When a jerk wearing a robe can overturn the
vote of the people, what's the point of voting ?