That will do the trick for sure!
Thanks
Bobby

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 8:34 AM, Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:

Gm Chuck:

Thanks for the pics to clarify the crystal sockets. Did you suggest in the first post a way to make a grounding clip from a paper clip?
 My thoughts would be to bend the end at a right angle and then solder it in the grounding bond hole at the correct height to hook across the top of the crystal?
Thanks
Johnny AC0BQ

On Saturday, March 9, 2013, Chuck Carpenter wrote:

Bobby,

Here's one with pictures...

http://www.qrpkits.com/buildertip03.html

Used this method on many Rock-Mites and others to make complete band
changes including output filters. Worked out well with the SAVXO too.

At 06:29 AM 3/9/2013, kb4qnr wrote:
>There was a link posted a few days ago referring to a means for
>installing pig rig crystals so we could swap over to 7122 when the
>new ones come in.I cannot seem to find the link now. Help!
>Bobby

Chuck Carpenter, W5USJ
EM22cv, Rains Co. TX