Re: Pig Rig

John C. Demuth - K8CQA

Terry,

This little pig went to Ozarcon,
This little pig stayed home;
This little pig ate roast beef,
This little pig had none.
And THIS little pig went whee, whee, all the way home, was fed a proper diet of juice (the 12VDC kind), and her voice was heard throughout the land ...

Suckling pig #178 exited the mailbox in Gnadenhutten OH on Friday March 08 2013 and the apapropriate slap on the backside (with a soldering pencil, of course!) will commence in the very near future.

I would appreciate a label if possible; March 2013 would be fine.

Thanks also for all the crystal socket ideas. A 14-pin machined pin IC socket could be cut in half at the center pins, yielding four 3-pin sockets ... just right for one rig if the center pin of the 3-pin socket is used for ground as per some of the ideas and pics at http://www.w5usj.com/images/bandchangemods.pdf and http://www.w5usj.com/images/crystalgrounding.pdf ...

Now back to tending the suckling pig ...

72 de John - K8CQA

--- In 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com, "WA0ITP" <wa0itp@...> wrote:

Hee, they are a lot of fun. Being rock bound brings back memories of my novice
days. Man, that was loong time ago.

If you use the Ten Tec TP-19 enclosure, I'll be happy to send you a label with
your call and build date on
it. A picture of mine in the TPC-19 is here, http://www.wa0itp.com/index.html
I do like the charcoal color. The TP-19 dimensions on the Ten Tec web site
differ from the one I purchased. Mine is 2" x 4.75" x 4" and the PigRig fits
perfectly. http://www.wa0itp.com/pigrig3b.jpg

Changing freqs,say to go to 7122 for Wayne's nets, will require 4 xtals. Three
for the rcvr front end filter, and 1 for the local oscillator. Diz has crystals
as well as ESS.

oo
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAƘITP