Re: Perfect pig rig accessory

Walter - K5EST

GM Terry, my horiz loop is 20 ft high, and the reflector loop
is the same length 140 ft closed wire loop. The reflector
loop is just placed under the horiz loop. You can put an
air variable capacitor in the closed loop to do a fine
tuning, but unless you build a remote unit, I would say
just enjoy the simple wire antenna world.

You can also steer the super gain dipole by putting the
reflectors on the ground at the opposite side of the
dipole you want to direct the signal. Its a very inexpensive
great performing antenna. Just be aware the 50 ohm
is gone when the antennas get close to the ground.

73....Walter - K5EST

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 8:33 AM, WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:

GM Walter,  is your reflector a loop also?  How high do you place the driven loop?

I love this radio stuff !
72   WAØITP
www.qrpspots.com