Re: Multi-Freq Pig Rig

Todd K7TFC

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 7:41 PM, casey kerchner <kc9ih@...> wrote:

 While using a switch is pretty much out, has anyone given thought to adding an IC Socket and mounting the Rocks on a DIP Plug (or header)? Then it should be quick and easy to change frequency.

Casey,

That's what I'm going to do. X1 will be easy to do. X2-X4 will be a little trickier. I'm going to try to "unitize" them with a second ground bus wire across the top for strength. Each will get it's own 2-pin socket, and the ground wire will get a single. I'll solder the sockets in place, install the xtals and ground lead, and then solder the two buses across the top. With a little wiggling, the whole set ought to come out, leaving C17 and C18 in place.

The other issue here, of course, is that any other xtals have to be matched as a set. I'd like to know more about that.

73,

Todd
K7TFC / Medford, Oregon, USA / CN82ni / UTC-8
QRP (CW & SSB) / EmComm / SOTA / Homebrew / Design