Re: Semi QRP related - software

Michael McEwen

Don't run Linux because I am not sure what of my radio software will run on it.  I have an old SP laptop that I use exclusively for radio. My software includes:  FireFox, Echolink, Digipan, CQ100, QSO TV, Morse Machine, Winlog 32, and a couple of apps on some Firefox amateur radio sites.  I am not "programming  literate" and have no idea what it would take or what the implications would be for putting Linux on the laptop.

Good luck with your project...73, Doc K5OSA

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 10:19 AM, rcadmus@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I have become fascinated with the idea of CW-skimmer.  Too bad it is Windows only as I'm a Linux user only...

Anyway,  thought it might be interesting to do a skimmer type program that would take the output from a Soft-Rock or whatever and decode any cw.  Then check the calls it decoded against a watch list. (4sqrp, FP etc.)  Then take action on a hit - alarm, email or whatever.

That's what I would like to do.  First need to brush up on my programming skills and do some research on available libraries.  That's the real reason for this post.

Anyone know of libraries and or algorithms related to digital filters, cw decoding etc that might help?  I tend to code mostly in C so that would be my main focus but am reasonably fluent in a jillion other languages so could consider most any.

The last cw decoder that I wrote was in Apple II assembler many long years ago.  Too bad I didn't save the code but the teletype I was using as a printer at the time was awfully slow for a long listing

Comments and suggestions gratefully accepted.

Thanks,

ray W0PFO

Doc K5OSA - QTH: EM04sr

Michael T McEwen