Re: Multi-Freq Pig Rig

Todd K7TFC

I was thinking about using single pin sockets cut from a female "breakaway" header. I'd just install them in the pcb holes already provided. Here's a link to a source and picture. They're handy for a lot of hack jobs.

73,

Todd
K7TFC / Medford, Oregon, USA / CN82ni / UTC-8
QRP (CW & SSB) / EmComm / SOTA / Homebrew / Design

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 8:12 PM, David Martin <davemrtn@...> wrote:

Great idea......

The crystals are spaced at .200", but the problem is the "individual crystal" leads are spaced at .200" apart and a dip socket spacing (one side to the other) is .300"

You might use a "wire-wrap" socket which has longer pins and bend them to fin into the .200" spacing thus adapting the crystal lead spacing to .300" allowing crystals piggy-backed (no pun intended) on a dip socket to be used.

Excellent idea about putting all crystals on one dip socket then rotate socket to swap frequencies.

On 03/11/2013 09:41 PM, casey kerchner wrote:

While using a switch is pretty much out, has anyone given thought to adding an IC Socket and mounting the Rocks on a DIP Plug (or header)? Then it should be quick and easy to change frequency. And it they were plugged in backwards, it would not matter. Or go to a 16 pin DIP, with one side for the 7.031 Xtals and the other side for 7122, just reverse the plug to change freq. Just a thought.

73 de Keith ~ KC9IH ~ in Northern IL

~ ex-WD9GKA ~ ex-WB9HCL ~ ex-K9UCF
10-X 38221, SKCC 9396, NAQCC 6165,
QRP ARCI 5435, Flying Pigs 2926,