Antenna question

kb3drw@...

I would like to get some input on building an 80 meter sky loop antenna that I will use on 80 and other bands with an antenna tuner. I have some nice tall pine trees to run the corners to and I plan on joining the loop to the house with 450 ohm ladder line. Just under the edge of the house I will install a balun and bring it into the house with low loss coax. Please make any comments or offer any advice you can. I am hoping to learn from your experiences. Some questions I have are:

- What kind of wire should I use for the loop antenna

- What type of rope that will hold up to the UV and time (so much just falls apart these days)

- What balun, 4:1, 1:1 ?

- Is 450 ohm feed ladder line the best to use? This part will be about 80 feet long.

- Has anyone ever had any issues using delrin for the insulators?

- I am thinking about placing a screen door spring on each corner to allow the trees to sway in the wind… anyone ever tried that. Or should I just counter weight to opposing corners of the loop?

- How’s the best way to protect this setup from lightning?