Re: antenna issue found

George H. Gates

One of the ham mags had a article about using a tree as a vertical. Don't remember the issue or what the conclusion was. Must not have been good or guys would be using it for portable work!  72 Geo/W2BPI

In a message dated 3/12/2013 5:47:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, bbarley48@... writes:

- I think the answer here might be, "Yes - but..." Even at QRP power levels, there can be varying amounts of interplay depending on where the tree is touching the antenna along the voltage/current (impedance) profile of the antenna. The affect can also be influenced with how wet or dry is the bark of the tree. There was an article years ago about the US Military using living trees as vertical antennas... not overwhelming results if I remember correctly....

72,
Bruce - KK0S