Re: Bands Dead? [1 Attachment]

Paul Smith

I heard a faint signal on 30 meters a while ago but the QSB got him.
We are having a Krusher here today 15 degrees and 30 MPH winds. Everything that blew by a couple days ago is on its way back!!

de Paul N0NBD

On Jan 7, 2015, at 12:21 PM, Phil Anderson aldenmcduffie@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Terry...............I noticed the same thing. I got on and NO, absolutely nothing, on 20 meters.....
must be the arctic wind? or you and I are eating too many beans, hi.

I finally heard a station on 40 meters a few minutes ago. Yea, I too thought Murphy had visited me!!!

So, time to clean the shack and do other activities.

My current project is to put together the P3 and add it to my K3 station............plus........I'm building a new desk/shelf combo:
layer one is for the keyboard and paddle (a shelf at about 26 inches above the floor.....for typing, keying layer...)
layer two is for the SteppIR control box, the K3, P3, and power supply (at typical desk high.....29 inches),
layer three is a shelf above the rig that is set to hold two 19 inch monitors, the left for running the station, with N1MM, etc and the right to provide for a full screen waterfall (easier on the ole eyes than the P3 screen).

Hope to have this all running in couple of weeks.

Unc Phil, W0XI, Lawrence.

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 12:01 PM

Is all HF dead today?

I may have an antenna problem, we had lots of wind and the temp plummeted last night. It was either an Alberta Clipper, Manitoba Mauler or a Saskatchewan Screamer :o)

--
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.