Re: Bands Dead?

Tom Bewick, k2bew

This was happening this morning;
UNEXPECTED GEOMAGNETIC STORM: A strong G3-class geomagnetic storm erupted during the early hours of Jan. 7th, sparking bright auroras around Earth's poles. What happened? The interplanetary magnetic field (IMF) near our planet tipped south, opening a crack in Earth's magnetosphere. Solar wind poured in to fuel the strongest magnetic storm since Sept. 2014. NOAA analysts believe the fluctuation in IMF is related to the arrival of a CME originally expected to miss Earth. Browse the aurora gallery for pictures of the event. Aurora alerts: text, voice

from;
http://spaceweather.com/

73,
Tom K2bew

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 1:01 PM, WA0ITP wa0itp@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Is all HF dead today?

I may have an antenna problem, we had lots of wind and the temp plummeted last night. It was either an Alberta Clipper, Manitoba Mauler or a Saskatchewan Screamer :o)

--
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.