Re: LOOKING FOR INFORMED OPINION ON STATION GROUNDING PROCEDURE(S)

Sam Neal

Hello Uncle Phil,

My shack is in a converted 2 car garage - cinder block walls and concrete
floor. A minor crack appeared and those nasty little termites squeezed through
and ate some of my prize old magazines. The bug-spurt guy came and killed
then, drilling 5 holes through the concrete in the process, stopping them up
with plastic plugs/goo.

I removed two of them and with an inch to spare, I drove an 8 foot copper clad
ground wire into the ground under the slab through 2 of the holes, leaving
about 3 inches of rod showing. About as short a ground wire as I could ever
get. I then sealed the holes again, this time using hydraulic cement ( it
swells when it dries/setsw ) Keep us informed.

73,

Sam Neal N5AF