Re: EZ-KEYER III Finished

WA0ITP

The Digikey speaker# 102-2200-ND, described in the manual,  provides an additional big volume boost if you need more.  I had to use the onboard volume control to back mine down.  Great sound.

Glad you like the keyer.

On 1/31/2015 6:27 PM, CStratton groups@... [4sqrp] wrote:
The Radio Shack part 273-073 provides a substantial boost to volume. I think its fine now. They are pretty cheap too, $2.49.

Chip
AE5KA

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 9:53 PM, WA0ITP wa0itp@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

OOPs , it's on the last page in the manual at the same link.

On 1/30/2015 9:51 PM, WA0ITP wa0itp@... [4sqrp] wrote:
FB Chip!  The louder piezo does have quite a bit more volume.  I use the RS 273-073 with the volume control on full blast.

The HamCan is a fun little rig.  Let us know when you'll be on with it, and we'll have a QSO.   If you havn't discovered it, the rig does have a unique keying requirement due to the way the keying jack is configured.  For use with the EZKeyer III (or any other keyer) pse use the easy to build keying relay circuit on this page.  http://www.4sqrp.com/kits/HamCan/hamcanmanual.pdf   It will save lots of angst.

--
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.

On 1/30/2015 8:42 PM, groups@... [4sqrp] wrote:
Just finished the EZ-Keyer III. Very easy build and very nice looking result! I think I will see about getting the louder piezo speaker though.

Thanks 4SQRP and kitters! I'll have to fire it up with the HamCan soon.

Chip
AE5KA

--
72 WAØITP