Re: OT, but FYI

David Martin <davemrtn@...>

Thanks Johnny.  I felt the need to share a bug and fix I had.

On 03/01/2015 06:20 PM, Johnny Matlock jomatlock@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Thanks for the info David

Johnny
AC0BQ

On Sunday, March 1, 2015, David Martin davemrtn@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

My firefox and thunderbird had loaded updates recently, not necessarily
at the same time.

In the last few days I noticed when I clicked on links contained in
e-mails, firefox would open to my default home page but would not go to
the address defined in the e-mail link.

Googled the problem posing the questions several different way and found
numerous fixes that didn't help me.

In firefox, under general settings I just checked the box for "Check for
firefox being default browser". Closed firefox clicked on the link in
an e-mail and everything worked fine again.

I know it's off topic, but wanted to share in case any other 4sqrp'ers
experience the same problem.

--
*David Martin - K5DCM ---o0o---
Mountain Home, Arkansas*

Definition: Voter Apathy - When a jerk wearing a robe can overturn the
vote of the people, what's the point of voting ?

--
QRP....."more smiles per watt"
72