Advice for 160 and 80M

JT Croteau <jt.tobit@...>

OM's

Could I get some advice on what to build for 160M and 80M CW?  I was initially looking at KD1JV's 160M Ft. Tuthill or his 160/80 MBDC kit but I am not sure if they will still be available  or not when qrpkits.com's new owners open back up.  I was leaning towards the Ft. Tuthill for 160 as it seems like it would be more battery friendly.

Any advice would be appreciated.  I'd rather build my own new gear vs. going out and buying a KX3, K3 or some Japanese rig.  Building is half the reason I've returned to radio.

Thanks de N1ESE