Re: New file uploaded to 4sqrp

Ray Cadmus

I agree that for most purposes a smaller version of the pictures would be fine.  Perhaps I'm spoiled - on my Linux system I can just select a batch of pictures in the file manager and right click to resize  them.  Lots easier than doing one by one in a photo manager.  ( I do use Gimp also)

For other operating systems ImageMagick can do most any image manipulation - resize, convert types or whatever.  It can easily be done on batches of pictures as well.

http://www.imagemagick.org/

Regards,

ray    W0PFO

--

On 04/13/2015 12:42 PM, 'John R. Lonigro' jonigro@... [4sqrp] wrote:

David:

When I need to send pictures to someone, I always reduce the resolution to 640 x 480 first (using GIMP).  The resolution is still good enough to view on a computer screen, yet saves lots of space and, in my case, lets me send several of them at a time.  If someone should ever want a better resolution version of the same picture, then I would send him that original alone.  So far, only one person has ever wanted the higher resolution version of a picture.  You could do the same when uploading your pictures to the webpage.  I doubt anyone would notice.  And, of course, for pictures of me, the less resolution, the better I look-hi.

72,
John AA0VE

On 04/13/2015 11:50 AM, David Martin davemrtn@... [4sqrp] wrote:

I started to upload pics from Ocon, but realized it was going to limit the Mbytes I could upload, so just a very few pics, and I had to upload one at a time. So, I deleted the one pic I had uploaded, but yahoo sent out a message anyway !!

Not that my pics are anything to write home about, but I do want to get them posted somewhere and to Jeremy if he wants to use any.  Problem is I must have about 40 or 50 to pick from....

On 04/13/2015 08:42 AM, yahoomail@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Dave;

I can't find the file nor the photos???
Did something change or am I just not looking in the correct place?

72,

-Ed, WG5F-

--
David Martin - Mountain Home, Ar. - K5DCM