LCR Meters

JT Croteau <jt.tobit@...>

Can anyone recommend an L/C meter?  I'd really like to add one to my bench primarily for measuring wound toroid inductors.

I know many have used the AADE meters for decades but it seems like there are a bunch of other alternatives on the market these days as well.  Is it still the best option for HF work?  Would any of the cheaper alternatives work just as well?  I don't mean to sound like a cheap tightwad, it's just that money is tight these days and I have a bunch of stuff I'd like to build this year before I move to the Ozarks.

Thanks and 72 de N1ESE