Re: Bad weekend on the bench with an SDR-Cube Kit

JT Croteau <jt.tobit@...>

I finally managed to get a decent photo of the bent lead.  I just don't know if I have the magnification and lighting to fix it myself.  I only saw it with the help of a 10x jewelers loop and I can't work with that in just one eye. I'm still not sure how I managed to do this. Here is the photo:

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 5:41 PM, JT Croteau <jt.tobit@...> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 5:05 PM, Todd F. Carney / K7TFC <k7tfc@...> wrote:
Cheer up. Did the lead break off such that there's no connection or is it bent such that it shorts out adjacent leads and can't be made serviceable ?

One corner lead is bent and laying on top of it's neighbor.  I'm trying to take a somewhat decent photo of it.  To try and save it, I'm going to have to make some serious lighting and magnification upgrades to my bench.  The chip is a very close spaced dsPIC33F in a TQFP package.  I only noticed the bent lead with my 10x jewelers loop.

JT N1ESE