Re: BATT

Richard Dickerson

The 12 and 6 volt SLA they sell at academy for deer feeders work well and they are very cheap.  I've used them for years to power XCVRs in my deer stands with a solar charger.  I get more QSOs than deer though

Sent from my iPad

On May 6, 2015, at 14:38, Michael McEwen mcewenk5osa@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

This will probably unlease a malestrom of replies...sorry but I really value the differning opinions...

Among the various battery options I have when in the RV is to charge batts to take with me if I decide to stroll up the hills.  Previous discussions this were informative, but I now have one issue that is very specific.

If I want a SLAB, what are the suggestions for the lightest, smallest ones?  I have surfed the 'net and seen a lot of ads, but I would like to have the opinions of real users.  Will be hitting the RV road in two weeks and want a SLAB to supplement my AA 12 volt packs. My XMTR uses 1-2 Amps and receive is about 350mA.

72,
Doc K5OSA - QTH: EM04sr
ARRL
4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098