TX project advice

Jon Wanzer <jon@...>

Greetings Everyone,

I finally have my 40 meter DC receiver in band and working well and the helically wound vertical is all but done. While I want to tweak the AF amp and do some filtering my biggest concern is actually getting on the air before FD.

To this end, I need to build a transmitter. My specifications are... 40 meter, under 5 watts, simple design, commonly/currently available and inexpensive or easily manufactured parts, and now the kicker SSB/CW.

A tall order but hey, you guys, and gals, are the ones who would know. I am skilled in assembly but my EE/RF design skills are still in there infancy. Any suggestions in this area would be greatly appreciated.

​72/​
73,

~Jon Wanzer KK6GXG

(408) 515-3583