Re: SSB?

Don Wilhelm <w3fpr@...>

You might want to consider 17 meters instead of 40 meters - I am on the East Coast (well 150 miles from the coast), and by your local time of 1930, it is 2030 here and the European broadcast stations are rolling in above 7200 kHz.
I do not know how much beyond daylight the 17 meter band holds up, but it is worth a try IMHO.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 5/9/2015 8:21 PM, Richard Dickerson richard.dickerson@... [4sqrp] wrote:

I'm game.  When do we start?  I'm retired - most nights are free.

Richard
WF2F

Sent from my iPad

On May 9, 2015, at 18:12, Michael McEwen mcewenk5osa@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Jeremy NQ0M has been trying valiantly to get a Monday night 1930 an 2030 SSB net on 7.285.  I've been able to hear some folks but I haven't been copied.  My experience is that QRP SSB is the most difficult mode.

Being a stubborn old fart, I wanted to see if you all would like to try an additional SSB possiblity.  What about just asking everyone who wants to work SSB to just give a listen for a few minutes every weekday night at 2000 CDT?  Not to be a big deal, but give a quick listen to see if you can copy anyone.  I guess 7.285 is good but if nothing is heard after a few minutes, I'm going to try 275 and 295...less than 10 minutes total unless I get some QSO's.  I know I won't be able to do this every night, but if enough of us are giving it a try, we ought to get some QSO's. If this is not good for you all, I guess it didn't hurt to try suggest the idea.

If you do this, don't hesitate to call CQ QRP and report any activity on QRPSpots.

Anyone who has another idea, please post.  My first priorrity was CW, next is SSB, and I hope to get on PSK 31 very soon...have the hardware but have not figured it out in terms of hook-up.  I have a Signalinkand will be looking at various info sources...I don't think it will be that hard.  I have Digipan loaded and have monitored 20M with it.

72,
Doc K5OSA - QTH: EM04sr
ARRL
4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098