Sent: Monday, May 11, 2015 1:49 PM
Subject: [4sqrp] Low Cost Dummy Load [1 Attachment]

This is my new low cost dummy load, made with a Caddock thick film non-inductive resistor. This one is 50 ohms at 1%, and rated at 100 watts, and costs about $11.00 from Mouser or Digikey. I realize the current heat sink will not be adequate for 100 watts, but it will suffice for the 5 and 50 watt calibrations of my K3, it does get warm to the touch. Only problem is resistance measures 51.2 ohms. What value of a parallel resistor would bring that down to 50 ohms? I calculate 1234.56 ohms or 1.2 K. Is that right? Also what would the power rating of the resistor need to be? Thanks.

Darryl, KK5IB