Re: QRP till death do you part?

random.path

I have a hard time getting excited about working DXpeditions because of the feeling that I'm probably sending to and receiving from computer on the other end. I'm sure that is often a wrong assumption, but it still colors my perception. I might give them a half-hearted try once or twice, but that is about it.

Chip
AE5KA

--- In 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com, "gkegelaers" <gkegelaers@...> wrote:

Hej guys,

here's one I've frequently been thinking of since I joined 4SQRP and the QRP fraternity altogether.

Assuming that:

a) you have a barefoot rig with or without a kW amplifier;
b) Peter I, Tromelin, Kerguelen whatever go on air after many years of inactivity.

Would you:

1) try working them QRP until the DXpedition packs their bags, OR;
2) give in after a few days, a week, a fortnight then to switch the barefoot rig and amplifier on?

I guess this question is about how 'fanatic' one is about QRP.

Stay on topic please.
Gust ON6KE