Re: QRP till death do you part?

Walter - K5EST

Interesting thinking!

Currently I am working on a monthly Sunday evening Sprint......but as soon as there is time, after Ozarkcon, then I shall investigate 4SQRP being able to have an offering equal to a prime DXCC award. It will take volunteers and a computer interface, award worthy certificate, and the blessing of our 4SQRP members. A new similar award name to DXCC is a 1st step!

So if you members have thoughts on an appropriate name, I am all ears!

More to follow.....

72/73....Walter . K5EST
Editor . Ozark QRP Banner

On Mar 19, 2013 5:38 AM, "gkegelaers" <gkegelaers@...> wrote:

Hej guys,

here's one I've frequently been thinking of since I joined 4SQRP and the QRP fraternity altogether.

Assuming that:

a) you have a barefoot rig with or without a kW amplifier;
b) Peter I, Tromelin, Kerguelen whatever go on air after many years of inactivity.

Would you:

1) try working them QRP until the DXpedition packs their bags, OR;
2) give in after a few days, a week, a fortnight then to switch the barefoot rig and amplifier on?

I guess this question is about how 'fanatic' one is about QRP.

Stay on topic please.
Gust ON6KE