Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 9:07 PM
Subject: RE: [4sqrp] 40m Wednesday Night CW Net

Hi,

The station you missed was me, K0BXB in Burlington, WI. I was running five watts using an experimental antenna I am “testing” for a backpack trip to Glacier National Park in July. The Antenna is a 35 foot wire tied through a Tuna Tunah ii tuner to my Yaesul FT-817nd. It has about ten feet of counterpoise. I’ve been trying various antennas but it is hard to compare them as the conditions change so quickly and wildly it seems. The last time I checked in a week or so ago I was using a 51 ft wire tied to the same setup. It’s fun to play with different options that might work for a six day wilderness backpacking trip!

Thanks so much.

Martin

K0BXB