Antenna for MP

Michael McEwen

I am putting together my ALICE pack kit for MP operations.  Everything is coming together nicely and I am down to antenna choice(s).

When I am going to be sitting down for a while, I will put together the Alex Loop or string up the PAR EndFedz 40/20/10 (Trail  Friendly" version)...The Loop is a bit awkward for me to handle while hiking  (chronic back/neck problems).  The dipole is not realy practical when walking ;>}  I am more than happy to use one of my hamsticks...probably the 17M because that seems to be the best bet for avoiding contests.

Is there a better  alternative than the hamstick?  I have had an MP-1 and have borrowed a buddipole...both are a bit more complex than I want when hiking.  I thinking that a simple single band stick with dragging counterpoise will be my best alternative.  Am I missing something important?
​ ​

Doc K5OSA - QTH: EM04sr
ARRL
4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098