Re: QRP till death do you part?

Gust Kegelaers

I notice that but few having so far replied have actually answered the question..

--
Gust Kegelaers
ON6KE

If there's life after death I hope there's amateur radio too!

http://www.qrz.com/db/ON6KE

To: 4sqrp@...
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 3:31 PM
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Re: QRP till death do you part?

That's absolutely correct.  If, and that's a big if, you can find the station that is calling the DX, and get real close to his freq then it's very probable that the DX will pick you up.

Sometimes the distance to one of these DXpeditions is less than the path to Europe, but it's just another country for some folks.  I'm way past that.

Barney/NO0N

On 3/19/2013 9:01 AM, Wayne Dillon wrote:

Many years ago, I was almost rabid about working any DXPedition/special call I could on HF. I got almost nowhere, even running an amp. Then a kindly mentor gave me the book by Bob Locher "The Complete DXer". I learned (it sounds obvious now) to transmit where he/she is listening. My success rate grew but it became more about what I could do with the minimum of power. fast forward to a couple of Saturdays ago when TX5K was on. I thought I'd give it a try but 20 was a howling zoo so I went up to 15m, and employed the techniques I'd learned. Sure enough I found the station that was working the TX5K op, nudged the TX vfo a hair higher and dropped in my call at his speed. What do you know, back comes my callsign with the "standard" 599. Well I'm in the log and it's confirmed on the website, all this with 5 watts and a wire antenna. Technique trumps muscle every time, and I am by no means an "expert" DXer.
I don't avidly chase DX any more but if the opportunity presents itself, well yeah, I'm up for it, and I know with the correct technique I'll likely work 'em. Whatever aspect of Ham  Radio you do, enjoy it. If it becomes a chore then it isn't a hobby any more.
72/3 es God Bless all de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 8:37 AM, David Martin <davemrtn@...> wrote:
I guess it comes down to what you are trying to accomplish, or maybe what you call fun ?

--
http://www.qsl.net/kc0pmh/   Under construction but please visit anyway.

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER. 

I'm British by birth but American by CHOICE!

Jesus came to pay a debt He didn't owe because we owe a debt we cannot pay...

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you
The Lord lift up his contenance upon you and give you peace.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192

Join main@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.